Friday, March 10, 2006

Secret knitting

Thanks for all the birthday messages! I did manage to get the floor clean, and then went out to pick up the kids in the rain and we all tracked more wet shoes in... We had a nice kid-friendly dinner out, and today Arthur is making garlands of Happy Birthday Mum balloons, in preparation for more festivities on the weekend. This will be a joint Arthur-Mommy party with rockets being fired off!

I also did some secret knitting. I have two knitting-related secrets, and I will actually share neither of them with you now.

The first involves a secondary hobby of mine. Some people knit and crochet, some people knit and spin, and I knit and then sometimes send things off to Vogue Knitting, and they send me letters back starting, Dear Designer.... They did once accept one of my designs, which went into this book. (Actually I suggested a grey and black scarf, and it ended up a pink and purple hat. Whatever!) So this success from years back keeps me keen, and every once in a while I indulge in the fantasy of seeing my knitting on the cover of the magazine. Just this morning I e-mailed them pictures of my latest genius, high-fashion, clever-knitting idea. Believe me, you'll hear of this again. One way or the other....

The other secret involves a correspondence with Jan's husband. But if he won't tell her what's up, then it's hardly for me to do it! We'll let you all know, April Fool's Day.

Back to my other secret life, as a laundress...

Oh, and the picture is some bags for sale at a shop in Paris. Nice colours, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.