Thursday, October 26, 2006

For Anne -- a walk or two

Anne is looking for pictures from a trip to the shops. Today I went north for groceries...




First past the Ball and Hockey Playing Prohibited sign. We get around this by-law thusly: We're not playing ball and we're not playing hockey -- we're playing ball hockey. Nobody's ever been stopped.

Often this street is busier. Looks kinda deserted here!

To Loblaws, where they are selling

and


I didn't buy either of these things, but did get some milk and cookies. Crazy, eh? But I needed the cookies to feed to the kids at school in the knitting group! And the milk, well, I just needed milk. Since we live around the corner, going to the store is practically an everyday occurrence.

And then I went south to mail a letter. I went past the sushi restaurant with plastic sushi in the window


and here's the smutty theatre and the Korean grocery. Toronto is famously diverse, and I live in the yuppie, Korean, smutty neighbourhood, I guess...

And no walk about the 'hood would be complete without a stop at the decorated house. Spiderman in a tree! Note the wooden collages on the bricks of the house!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I came here from Anne's blog to see your world, (been doing a lot of that lately...). It looks great fun, I love the plastic sushi and superman up a tree. Now I really wish I'd done a commentary on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your world... plastic sushi and spiderman on a tree? lol..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.