Monday, January 07, 2008

My weekend away

Ah, the kids are back in school!

We went for a quick jaunt to see my brother and his family on the weekend. Walk in the woods, take down their tree, ride the train....


Knitting-wise, I got a good start on the second Jaywalker, which will be a fraternal, rather than identical, mate for the first. I just used the end of the first ball to start this one, and although it would have been easy to check and start the second sock the same as the first.... I didn't. They may even end up different lengths, to ensure cool colour-use at the heel.


I also continued a bit on the green/purple baby blanket. It's alarming to see how these colours criss-cross and make themselves look like everything that's ever been made of this sort of yarn. I was a bit embarrassed to be seen in public knitting this!

I also, I'm sorry to say, bought more yarn.


Or, should I say... I DON'T NEED ANY MORE YARN... but the Kaffe Fassett sock yarn at Needles and Pins reached out and grabbed me and I was forced to buy 3 balls of it. (Truly, I would have bought another red if I could have found one!)

Surfing around this morning, I learned about Knit a Mile, (that link will take you to Ravelry) which means, knit up a mile of yarn (1600 m, approximately) by mid-February. Not wanting to be a joiner of such things, I'll just quietly keep track myself. I'm thinking 4 or 5 balls of my Yorkshire Tweed Chunky, a couple of pairs of socks... oh, my.... well, umm... I'll try!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so in for that challenge!! Thanks for pointing it out. My stash reduction efforts are again looming large in my mind. Some folks aspire to live mortgage free... I'd love that, too, but I think I would like to be stash-free, too. Or at least, to have no more than the weight of two or three projects bearing down on me at once. Ha!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.