Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Pondering the blue thing

This is two balls of Yorkshire Tweed Chunky knit up. The body seems a bit looser than I had planned, but it's really about the same size as a fleece vest I have which I really like. It's clear I have enough yarn (10 balls total) to make sleeves, but I started out to make a vest, so that's what I shall do!

I wonder if I should put something around the bottom, or just let it roll that bit and make the whole thing plain. I could pick up stitches around the cast-on edge and knit something downward. Hmmm. I think I should decide about that before making the body any longer.

On a completely unrelated note, the weather here has been crazy. The last couple of days have been 12 or 14C, extraordinarily warm for January. All the mounds of ice and snow have mostly melted away, leaving all the coins which have been lost over the past month, as well as much frozen dog poo, now thawing. I found a dime and a 20p piece yesterday! And a subway token, which is worth over $2! But now, the wind is howling and the temperature is dropping steadily. At least it rained a lot last night, washing the worst of the muck off the sidewalks.

Winter weather will return soon, and I must get my cosy vest done!

Added later:

Look! A flower! In my back yard in January!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.