Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snug and warm

Gee, the sun is rather low in the sky on a January morning, isn't it?! Nice shadows on the chin(s)....

But, the good news is, my vest is finito!

I ended up cutting the bottom inch off and reknitting it downward to make the bottom ribbing work. Picking up from the cast-on edge was no good, because of that darn row with the purls that I so cleverly worked right at the beginning. It made the fabric bend slightly, casting a nasty shadow and attracting undue attention!

I used a bit less than 5 balls of the Yorkshire Tweed Chunky, counting, let's say, 475 meters towards my Knit-A-Mile goal. The yarn is really lovely, sturdy yet soft, warm but not too bulky; just good nice pretty soft wool!

Since I started out with 10 balls, that means I have another vest's worth of yarn in the closet! Something more adventurous next time? The giant lace is still under consideration.

But first, finish the Jaywalkers? Or the blanket??

3 comments:

  1. Nice - I did the Rowan Moonlight sweater in this yarn, and it really softened up after washing. It' s even wearable on my bare arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice. A good colour on you. I loke a good tweedy yarn, in an undemanding colour. You know. You wear the garment, rather than the colour waring you, demanding things that match and tone with it !
    I like the red frames too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please excuse the dodgy spelling ! Obviously, it's like ! I also missed the e out of wearing. Maybe I should just go to bed ! [ It's 1.40 a.m. here ]

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.