Sunday, March 21, 2010

A note from the archivist

About that crocus picture.... I had to check to see if I really take the same picture every year!

Last year, the crocus picture was on March 26.

2008's was not until April 7.

In 2007, the crocuses are nowhere to be seen, but we had pansies in April.

In 2006, I was in Cambridge, the land that is overwhelmed with crocuses at a certain point in the year, and I posted a picture on March 28.

So, in fact, I don't take the same picture every year, but I am always glad to see a flower or two, and this year's are early.


Here is the general scene -- no leaves on the trees, but the old guys are taking advantage of the warm days to rake out the bocce pit in preparation for the season. Last week, they could do this; this coming week is supposed to be cold and damp.

1 comment:

  1. how fun is that?!?! thanks for going back and finding all the links - what a fun tradition you have now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.