Monday, January 29, 2018

Muffin Monday: Apple Cinnamon

The other day a friend came over and brought her favourite muffin recipe book. I have a favourite muffin recipe book, too, of course. We decided we would make aaallll the muffins, even the ones we've always flipped past, like my mushroom muffin recipe, or the one with cream corn and chilli peppers.

I also have muffin recipes in other cookbooks and ones I've copied from magazines or wherever, and I figure I have enough to get me through the year at one batch a week. We'll see. I might just get sick of muffins before I make them all!

This week I made Apple Cinnamon muffins, from a 1987 Milk Calendar which came in the newspaper. I've had this page in my recipe binder since then, and maybe made them twice... the trouble with having a favourite muffin book!


I like them! Cinnamon, nutmeg and deliciousness from two eggs, half a cup of butter, and milk. The apple holds its texture nicely and so you get your burst of spicy apple-goodness. It's a bit more work to peel and cut up the apple than to grab a handful of raisins, but I'd say it's worth the few minutes that takes.

I think I need a scoring system now. Let's say MMMMM is the best muffin anyone has ever had in the history of the world, and M is the worst. I'd give these apple cinnamon muffins an MMMM.

2 comments:

  1. I am here for this feature. We've been baking a bunch this year. Not that you need MORE recipes, but just in case, these chocolate blueberry muffins were good:

    https://themissinglokness.com/2017/07/12/double-chocolate-blueberry-muffins/

    We've also been making loaves of chocolate banana bread and honey cake. Let me know if you want non-round sweet recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always make a small batch if you don't want to be overwhelmed by muffins. I guess you have to make enough for at least 3 people, though?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.