Thursday, January 11, 2018

Thursday again


  1. I got my Latin books from the library and am happy to say that I can read Chapter 1 without too much trouble. But they write "seruus" instead of "servus" which will drive me crazy before too long. I do have several old Latin books upstairs somewhere which I will dig out, although I was looking for something a bit novel! Old Latin books are as good as new, I suppose!
  2. I am knitting a hat. I got a free pattern in the charity knitting group, so I figured I'd better get to it quickly so I don't look like an ungrateful moocher of free patterns. It is fine, but I am so used to knitting the same sort of hat over and over again that the idea of a fancy rib on the cuff just seems like a waste of effort. Now that I am done all those left twists and right twists, I can see it will look nice, though. 
  3. Now, then. The planks. The idea is to add one second of planking every day for the whole year. I decided instead to add 30 seconds per month, so I started off with 30 seconds, and through February I will attempt a full minute. I hope that by the end of this month I can do my 30 without feeling like I will keel over, but right now I can do 25 seconds before I have to look at the timer! I can just tell my abs will be tight as anything, though... if I can keep this up! 
Pop over here to see what other people are doing on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.