Thursday, January 25, 2018

Yarn and knitting and computers

I recall at some point recently proclaiming that I would knit from stash, not buy any more yarn, empty some bins and all that jazz.

Well, I haven't bought yarn, but picked up more freebies last week. Someone was giving away a big tangle of nice wool. I think it is a full 100 grams, and it is lovely, but it took me several hours to get from this to a ball.


Now, I would like to show you a picture of the nicely wound ball that I did end up with, but my phone and my computer have not been on speaking terms for a while. I have to e-mail myself photos instead of just attaching a cable, so, sorry, you just have to imagine the nice ball.

I go up and down in my enthusiasm for this colour. Sometimes it reminds me of shimmery duck necks, and sometimes it reminds me of a puddle of mud. But it is very soft!

The person also gave me a bag of odds and ends that she had cleaned out of her bins! I'm not sure why it ends up here, but it is all pretty nice stuff. I gave the real fuzzy, sneezy stuff to the Textile Museum for their sale, but kept some.

This makes me sneeze just looking at it
There was a full ball of Silk Garden and several bits and bobs, which I think are mostly from the same colourway, though of course with Noro you can never tell!


This scarf has the blue/black bit, then a brownish bit, then some of the elusive and sought-after natural, and now I am almost done another brownish bit, which has some blue and pink coming up. Then I have the full ball and two other bits, one of which is hot pink.

Meanwhile I have finished one sleeve on Elaine's pullover; I just have to find where I wrote down how I did the shoulder on the first sleeve, and then I can proceed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.