Wednesday, January 03, 2018

WIP Wednesday

Having ripped out my first attempt at a blanket square, I quickly rummaged around in the bag of yarn and came up with this. One strand of Patons wool from the 80s, one strand of Rowan Fine Tweed! A knit and purl pattern from my old standby, 200 Knitted Blocks.


I should be done shortly, but I am slowed down by not being able to read and knit at the same time.


Sue Grafton, who has written all the way from A is for Alibi to Y is for Yesterday, passed away recently, just as Y arrived for me at the library. I have read these books faithfully ever since we lived in Santa Barbara, the model for the fictional town they take place in, but although they are good fun, one is much like the next and they are not what a girl could call excellent. So I have been keenly zipping through it, sort of disappointed that it is not better, but unable to put it down at the same time.


At least we are spared Z, in which I have always hoped/feared/assumed the main character would be killed off.

1 comment:

  1. I gave up at W. I just got sort of tired of the graphic violence, and as you say, the were much of a sameness. It's too bad she died before she could finish. Maybe Z is out there ready to be published, though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.