Saturday, February 10, 2007

Well, that was easy



Got my denim handles done. My, my, all that fuss over nothing... I guess I was just waiting for the right idea to pop into my head. The braids were quick and fun and turned out just the right length. (Make 'em long because the denim shrinks, but not too long, because they'll stretch out with the weight of the bag on them.)

And yes, I had to go out in the snowy bright sunshine for the photoshoot! Cold toes!

Like all knitted bags, it will sag under too much weight. Thinking about this led me down a crazy road when I decided to line it with blue jeans -- all those useful pockets! However, it's unlined for now, and I just won't use it for trips to the library!

The bag itself has been washed several times already, but I'm sure the handles will catch up in the fading department.

I still have almost 3 full balls of this, and some bits of 2 other denim colours, as well, and am keen to start something else. I almost feel like I should rush out and buy more, to embark on a blanket project. But, tsk tsk, I think we can invoke a few rules here: Knit from your stash, and I have plenty to do there. WIP Wipeout, and I think one blanket in progress is sufficient. Even if it's a blanket that is going nowhere fast... Maybe I'll get out the blue and make me a few squares.

I wonder if WIP Wipeout takes precedence over Project Spectrum!? When I finish Arthur's blue sock, the next sock yarn I have lined up is very pink and pink doesn't come up till April. And now that I am finished the blue handles, what I really want to knit is my long lost green cotton cardigan. So I will, even though green doesn't come up till April, either. I will toss in some white or grey here somewhere, too, just for fun. (Lucky it's really just me making these rules, isn't it?)

I tentatively knit a few rows on my blue scarf (sorry, it's one of those gigantic photos) and it's not compelling enough. And now I see a couple of places where I knit only one of the strands, making it (gasp!) imperfect. We'll see what happens with that.

Onward to blue sock!

3 comments:

  1. hurray for finishing! and I think lining it with jeans is a GREAT idea -- recycle old pants, make use of pockets, and keep the bag from sagging. I just might steal this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steal away! I suggest you get the pants first, and make the bag to fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE CRAZY GOING OUT IN TORONTO WEATHER WITHOUT ANY SOCK AND SHOES ON!!! ;) The bag looks absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.