Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Treats in the mail

The other day I ordered a book, from a shop in Victoria, and they said they'd put it in the mail right away. That probably meant it got sent yesterday.

So imagine my delight when I saw a book-sized package in my mailbox! Instant!

But wait, it's a box of candies and it came from New Brunswick...

No, wait, it's a candy box, holding a knitted square!



This came from Bus13knitter (her Ravelry name) for the second Canadian blanket in memory of Peter Bergmann for Afghans for Afghans. So far I have 9 squares, and am working on another, so I need 2 more to make a 12-square blanket. Believe it or not, each of those squares is quite close to 10 inches on a side.


You know how I love a square, but I have been engrossed in other things, and want to finish one of the many things-in-progress before cranking out another load of squares. Besides, I'm running low on spare worsted wool bits! So I'm hoping some others will read my bold face type in the Ravelry thread and send me some squares.

Next up: you might even get to see some of those famous things-in-progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.