Tuesday, December 14, 2010

One afternoon, three new projects

I finally decided it was time to get some people over to the house: usually we have a casual potluck dinner party or two, but this term we have not. So last weekend I called on the knitters, who I figure are a reasonably reasonable bunch who wouldn't mind if I didn't clean the windows before they came over. (I didn't invite them into my kitchen, though!) I suffered a bout of camnesia at the time, but I do have pictures of some things I picked up.

(And now an aside, since I have just spent half an hour researching this. In 2007, Norma credited Mamacate with coining this term; she used camnesia, meaning "forgetting to take out one's camera and use it" in March of 2006, but Ring Around the Rosies used it in January of that year, saying "The term I saw on someone's blog. Not mine!" When I looked at the Urban Dictionary, they had a less innocent definition: "'Camnesia' is what occurs after one has done something on webcam one wishes he/she had not." But we all know that's not right.... And now you know all there is to know about camnesia.)

There was a bit of knitting, a bit of politics -- luckily all these knitters and Ravelers and neighbours are all correct-thinking individuals, so we were all bashing the same people -- and a bit of swapping. I destashed a few balls of yarn, and picked up a few new ones: 4 balls of Rowan cotton, that will go nicely with a few more I already have.


I picture a cardigan for Elaine, but have no definite plans just now.

The dark is supposed to be navy, but it really, really dark! And we'll all have to wait and see how that salmon pink fits in. The eagle-eyed among you will notice there are three labels here: DK Handknit Cotton, Handknit Cotton, and Handknit DK Cotton. I assume they are all the same.

Then I browsed through a selection of patterns someone brought, and came up with a scarf pattern, and know just the right yarn for it -- maybe doubled?



This gansey pattern is just another gansey pattern for the collection, but I like it, and it would save me from reinventing the wheel, were I to actually knit it!


It's always so fun to sit and knit and yak. I must do it more often!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a fun time (and yes, politics are always best discussed with like minded peoples)
    love that rainbow yarn!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.