Monday, December 20, 2010

Time-waster #46

Someone told me recently how to see incoming FOs on Ravelry. I'm sure they meant it as a kindness. In fact, I asked for the information, so perhaps have only myself to blame.... but this could get a girl in trouble!

I have watched loads of gorgeous pictures pass by on my screen. Click: to project page, to pattern page, to other people's projects, to other people's other projects.... Back to the FO page and start over!

How many things have I faved just this morning?!

(Go to People, then a bit down the page it has a little link: Watch FOs live. That's the one.... stay away!)

Meanwhile, I am crocheting! Believe it or not!

Here's something you didn't know I was knitting... heck, I didn't even really know I was knitting it. I have shown you some of these squares before, long long ago. They have never made it to Ravelry. Every once in a while I find a bit of this yarn and make a square and throw it in a bag in the closet.


Well, recently I had a look in the ol' closet and found 8 squares and a bit of yarn, and realised the leftover yarn from the Skiers sweater would work in this as well. So I just sat myself down and knitted some more! Now I have 12 squares, all sewn together, needing just an edging.

Crochet always seems the simplest in these situations, but I'm not very good at it, and find it looks messy, and sort of as if it was chosen as a quick and dirty fix! This time, at least, I have lots of yarn so can make the border good and wide. (Good and wide and quick and dirty...)

1 comment:

  1. what a fun mish-mashed-blanket!!

    heh heh - it's fun to get sucked into the fo vortex on ravelry every once and a while isn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.