Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Today's progress report, with flowers

Our little corner store had these tulips, alongside the mini-Christmas trees and the amaryllis bulbs. So crazy! Stripes, frilly edges, wide-open flowers...

Our little ray of sunshine...

Meanwhile, the knitting progresses. Arthur was home sick yesterday, so I didn't go out and bustle around town (or even get to the grocery store for milk) and got a lot of knitting sorted out.

The Ribwarmer is done.

This is taken with a flash. I don't think the pooling of the blues is so pronounced in real life. I will mail it off to my sister, but first I will finish up my mom's socks to go in the same package. You may recall I needed to "mend" them -- ie. reknit the whole ball-of-the-foot part!


I cut off the worn part and picked up stitches. I'm not sure I shouldn't have ripped even farther back. The yarn is sort of thin here, and I'm a bit worried! But I figure this is supposed to be a mending job, and I can always give her a whole new pair of socks later.

I started off with a 2.75 mm needle, but after a bit realised I should be using 2.25 and I had to rip back an inch or two.


And here they are: one waiting to be grafted and one waiting to be cut! And not a terrible match of yarns, considering...

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the finish of the ribwarmer (and the partial finish of the socks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! Tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what gorgeous tulips!

    ribwarmer looks great and you're braver than i to tackle the socks!! i have a few pairs hiding away that need similar help.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.