Tuesday, December 05, 2017

I made a glove

I have started to make gloves before, but ended up with mittens because I chickened out about making the fingers.


Turns out fingers are fiddly but not too terrible.


It helps, it seems, to use sport-weight yarn instead of fingering. The mitten has 48 stitches and these fingers have 16. Somehow, it seemed doable. And it was!



My only quibble is that my baby finger is lower on my hand than the others, but this pattern doesn't accommodate that. I'm sure there are patterns where you knit the baby finger first, then a couple of rows around before starting the others.


I have made the cuff of the second glove, no hiatus here.

(And, for extra bonus points, I took all these pictures of my right hand, all by myself!)

1 comment:

  1. Impressive! I tell people who want gloves to go to Target.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.