Saturday, December 02, 2017

Saturday sky and more

Here is some sky for you. Little clouds over the demolition of Honest Ed's.


While I was there this afternoon I took a few other pictures as well . 

If you enlarge, you can see the sign for Ladies wear in the stairwell

I think this is all great urban planning, but not everyone does
Yesterday I went to the ROM to see two exhibits: one on Vikings and one on Christian Dior. Both had necklaces, and so much more, but the lighting in each was not super bright, and most of my pictures were not stellar. 

All the Viking beads strung together. 


The Dior exhibit was simply amazing! Day dresses and suits, cocktail dresses and evening gowns, along with beaded and embroidered panels, shoes, and a few pieces of costume jewellery designed to go with some of the dresses. Fantastic!


I realised that there were some pieces of knitting that hadn't been documented correctly. Tsk tsk. So, here are a couple of dishcloths I made. 



The upcoming week is not too full of excitement; I might even get some dishes washed. 

2 comments:

  1. Honest Ed's is gone, totally or did it move? I've only been in the store once, in the very early 70s and it was one of a kind, and fun, experience. I think of it as a Toronto institution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gone! Ed passed on a few years ago and his kids sold the whole block to a developer. Some are sad; some are not...

      Delete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.