Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Patience rewarded


Yesterday was the day when members of the AGO could buy tickets for next spring's show by Yayoi Kusama.


The site opened at noon. I was at the Textile Museum, so Stephen clicked and joined the queue. He was in at maybe 12:05. So were thousands of other people.

When I left the museum, we texted and I found he was still in the queue, with "more than an hour" to wait. We got home, we had dinner, we sat by the fire, and finally at around 10 pm, that "more than an hour" changed to "59 minutes." We were ecstatic, as you can imagine, and indeed, we eventually got our tickets for next March.

These big shows come to the AGO often enough. There was the big Bowie exhibit a few years ago that was very popular. But I have always been able to get tickets when I wandered in; I've hardly ever prebooked a time slot like this. We had been warned, but I was surprised, to say the least!

She is certainly one of the big names today, and her stuff is interesting. I sure hope it is worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.