Thursday, May 30, 2019

Hadrian's Wall

I have been picking out pictures, and I think I still have too many here. The first day I took well over a hundred! It did go down from there, but I was still taking dozens every day.

So, hold on to your hats.











As you can see, the weather was miraculously lovely! We all carried rain pants we never used. I had an umbrella which almost got used as a parasol, but even that turned out to be unnecessary, as after the first day the temperature was in the mid-teens, mostly high overcast.






We stopped at a couple of Roman forts. This must be Housesteads, the granary. 





A long way down into Sycamore Gap. This was the day that nearly did us in, with all the up and down!




Vindolanda, ruins and museum exhibits. Amazing!







I do have a couple more things to show, but let's stop here for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.