Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Pre-trip knitting roundup

I've been thinking for some time that this is the yarn for my trip. I have 900 meters of meadow-coloured mohair/silk lace-weight yarn. I seem to have had it since 2010. (In that post I say I have 26 shawls favourited on Ravelry... now I have 171!)


Of course I have to get the hang of the pattern and be sure all will work out, so I have started the Dinner in the Eiffel Tower shawl. But the appeal of a lace shawl as holiday knitting is that it will take forever to knit this up, so I am not worried that my early start will mean I run out of knitting!


I also needed film festival knitting, so I started a little hat. Now I just go around and around knitting plain, so this can be done while yakking or in the pub.


I still have quite a bit of the yarn, which I believe is this, so I will just make as long a hat as I can!


If you want to follow me on my trip in the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.