Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Almost the end of April

Well, here we are nearly at the end of April. I have thought about my photo theme of dots, dashes and diagonals, but find that I am once again mostly looking at architecture and street furnishings so need to look elsewhere. 

An owl was on our street recently

I also think about my cookbook situation and am realizing that perhaps my two go-to recipes in this month's book are indeed all I need from it. A never-fail, totally adaptable pancake recipe, 

and a never-fail, totally adaptable, vinaigrette recipe! I see that it calls for garlic powder which I haven't had around for years: just throw in a smashed clove. And celery salt... never used it. But it's always great!

These two have served me well for many years. When I was first pregnant I ate the most elaborate pancakes, with bananas and peanut butter and all sorts of add-ins. Yum.

I am knitting a wee bit. I lost a fingerless mitt once and so now am knitting another. In completely different yarn, but the same pattern. They will keep me a bit warm on my walk in May. But surely I won't need actual real mittens?!?

It'll be fine

May will bring a new photo theme. I am not so keen on "Environmental Trash" now, although I will be in an interesting environment for a bit. Quite the challenge to take attractive pictures, though, I would think. Another E theme could of course be England! You'll get some of that I am sure. 

The cookbook for May is a cute one, and although I will be away for a couple of weeks in May I will leave instructions with Stephen and Elaine to go wild with it. 

Now we have a couple of days until Stephen's birthday, when we will have a couple of people over. First birthday party in a couple of years! Then, a few days after that we move Kid #1 out of town. The house is full of stuff. The basement has been thoroughly explored and emptied for the first time in years and years. Meanwhile it is Hot Docs time again, so I am out of the house a lot volunteering with them. I hope to be able to watch films online at home, but won't know for sure until the festival starts. 

So, never a dull moment, and I will fill you in as matters progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.