Sunday, April 10, 2022

Dots, dashes, diagonals and perhaps something to eat

First up, I must show you the state of the knitting. This is the Vancouver project, now on hiatus. I got those green bits done while I was there, and the blanket is almost halfway done. It will be nice and light and soft and warm, and certainly colourful, when it is done. It's Stephen West's Mohairino Medley, with no mohair. There are four patterns and five colours (plus I have a couple of pops I put in for a row here and there) so never-ending fun. One of the patterns is kind of a pain to knit but the others are straightforward and pretty mindless, which means great knitting for visiting and chatting, which I haven't really done much of lately. Also great knitting for looking out the window and not paying attention. 


This is the Toronto project. Very nearly done, so watch this space!


Then we come to the photo theme of the month, Dots, Dashes and Diagonals. Like markings on the road?

 A diagonal bike ring. Not meant to be diagonal!


Definitely dots and dashes and diagonals on this garage door. 


I'll get to work on finishing up the knitted shawl, which is called Dotted Rays, so, perfectly fitting. I'll get to work on finding a recipe in this month's cookbook, Whole Foods for the Whole Family. Today's chore, though, is to walk 13 kilometres as practice for my Norfolk walk, only a month away! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.