Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Actual knitting for October 4

Today is grey and gloomy, but at least that means no awkward shadows on the knitting. This is my scrappy scarf I've been carrying around lately. I have here a bit of Koigu -- the wild green -- and a few plain grey bits that were once heels and toes in socks -- I think actually one unworn sock which I inherited somehow and unravelled.  


There is some other sock yarn in there. I seem to recall making Elaine a pair of socks of this when she was quite wee. Fifteen years ago, maybe? (Ah, wait, only 12 years ago. That links to a picture from a long blog post from 2011!)

Today's adventures have just begun. Looks like we will be going out for lunch somewhere, then I will go to the cinema and Stephen and his sister will get on the little float plane and buzz off to Victoria. I will, I suppose, get some leftovers for dinner when I finish my shift. And I get to pick the next little ball of yarn to fit in to the scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.