Monday, October 02, 2023

Day two

Today, actual knitting content. Sort of. 

I can show you the yarn I have not yet knitted up into a scarf, but I cannot show you what I have knitted, because I went to volunteer at the VIFF festival this morning at 8 am, did some knitting at my post and on my break, and then left it behind. I just realized, and sent off an e-mail, so I hope it is there tomorrow when I go again. Who would steal a bit of knitting from a fellow volunteer, right? 

I blame the coffee and pastries. I was working at an industry event, so directors and producers and whoever were coming in for networking and talks, and we had laid on free coffee and sugary breakfast pastries, yogurt, fruit and so on, and there were plenty of leftovers for us. Since it was so horribly early, I had a cup of coffee when I arrived, and then another, and an apple turnover and maybe some sweetened yogurt, and maybe even another cup of coffee. I was positively vibrating when I left, so no wonder I didn't remember my knitting. 

As you see, I have a bunch of fingering weight scraps, mainly greeny-greyish-blue-and a few bits of red. Terrible photo, because the sunshine has disappeared and so you get reflections on the countertop. 

I started out making a triangle, but then realized that all these scraps would make a pretty skimpy triangle, since I'm just knitting garter stitch on suitably small needles. Now we have a long thin scarf, with one pointed, triangular end. One day, if all goes according to plan, it will get another point at the other end. 

Tonight I go see a movie; tomorrow another shift. The saga of the lost knitting will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.