Saturday, October 21, 2023

Back at home

I was away and now I'm back. 

We went to New York City because Stephen was involved in a "music and art inspired by physics" event at Hunter College. We stayed nearby in Midtown Manhattan; we went to rehearsals and performances and Stephen watched a day of recordings while I found a yarn shop and other things. We ate with the artists and performers, often in Brooklyn. We looked at skyscrapers and other things; took the free ferry to Staten Island; went to the park. I didn't include any pictures of our day at the Metropolitan Museum of Art -- maybe tomorrow. 



This was the view from the roof of our hotel 

The stage set up for a rehearsal




Look at all those different yellows

As close as we got, from the Staten Island ferry

Outside Knitty City yarn shop

It has that pretending-to-be-handknit look



A coffee shop

And now we are home, the leaves are quite golden around here; my Christmas cactus bloomed in my absence. Tune in tomorrow to see if I can face the gazillion pictures I took at the Met. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.