Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A few random pictures

First up today we have the tree that fell over in a storm last week.


It was a pretty big storm, but this was a pretty big tree! And look how totally rotten the inside was! Worm-eaten mush, and 4 feet in diameter, at least. It took out a telephone pole, but managed to fall just parallel to the road and no-one seems to have been hurt.

Second, I must show you a part of our dinner this evening.


I made a lamb dish from Jamie At Home, which involved some salad greens and this melange of red onions and parsley. (Bowl by Jerry Kry, who -- hey! -- has a web page!) It was just so pretty I had to take a picture. (I left out the pistachios and just cooked the ground meat up in the frying pan.)

And since this is a knitting blog, I will show you the pre-holiday state of play for the socks.


I got this candy-coloured yarn at a swap and didn't realise that someone had already used up about half of each ball. So I will knit up what I have and make two legs, and then stick different coloured feet on. This will be car knitting, and I will come home with two similarly sized leg bits.

And that is all I have for you today!

2 comments:

  1. It took me a while to work out the first shot, looked lik a craggy sea shore at first...well it is early you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEk, glad nobody was crushed when the tree came down. Looking forward to seeing what colour feet you add on...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.