Sunday, August 02, 2009

I've fallen into the Ebay world

Every once in a while I look at Ebay. Not in any systematic way, and I've never bought anything.... until this last week!


I started with a vintage Vogue Knitting magazine, then looked at the books and found Glorious Inspiration and The Best of Rowan!





And actually I have bought another Rowan book and am waiting to see if I get yet more books. Eeeks.

I did stop short of spending at least 26 British pounds on Rowan 10 -- I think I'd love to have it, but what I really want is to come across it for $2 at a thrift store. That seems quite a lot of money! Now, though, I can at least feel virtuous that I stopped at 26 pounds!

And I don't buy yarn, no matter how tempting. No no no, at least, not yet!

My subscription to VK has just been renewed for another 2 years. Really, I have enough knitting patterns now, I think, to last till the end of my days. Maybe if I stop knitting squares and hats and dishcloths, I could knit a garment or two.

There are a few things that right now I really do want to knit:
  • a cardigan of Noro sock yarn. I saw this cardigan in my 1967 Vogue and thought I could finagle something?
  • something like Fleet or Sunday Best or Whitby in Rowan Denim. I know I have a half-finished denim sweater lying around here, but it's not quite the same.
  • A real, super-multicoloured Fassett.

  • a big, fat, huge, cabled pullover. I have big ol' sweaters and rarely find the right occasion to wear them. I don't have a draughty cottage; I don't stroll in the woods on clear, crisp fall days and I don't need a big sweater indoors. But, mmmm. I like 'em.

But at the moment I'm working like a house elf on the mesh! Finish, finish!


Back almost done! That's only 1.5 balls of yarn! The mesh stitch turns out to be mainly air, so I'll have tons of yarn left, I think. I did make one miserable mistake way down near the bottom, but I'm not showing you and I bet you won't be able to tell when I'm sauntering on the beach in this.

1 comment:

  1. the lure of ebay.. it starts with just one magazine and before you know it ....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.