Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blue, white and grey round-up

It's the end of the blue, grey and white section of Project Spectrum, and on Sunday we start on green, yellow and pink. So I'll just assemble all my PS projects here now!



Here's the finished denim bag. I use it all the time. I actually started it last year, and am glad I finally sorted the handles out. If I were Ms Perfect-craft, I would line it with fabric, especially after the other night when I was walking along and heard my tiny sock needles tinkle to the sidewalk, having wormed their way out of the knitting and through the bag! But I am not, so I will now just put my sock-in-progress in a plastic bag....


Speaking of socks, I did finish this pair, but now they are in use and it seems I didn't get a picture of them complete. I like the ribbed pattern for socks -- it's super for growing kids!

I also made a couple of blue hats for Save the Children. Super fast and easy and fun! Apparently they collected over 4000 hats for wee newborns.

I finished one grey Lopi hat, and am halfway through a similar one. These fulfill Rule 5 in my Knit from Stash program -- I'll give them to charity come fall. You might notice that this picture is taken in snow-free bright outdoor sunshine! Yes, we have a bit of spring here. I am skeptical, and have not put the big boots in the basement just yet. But it is a lovely change to be outside in shirtsleeves!

Stephen's Retro Rib sock is not progressing very fast. I am liking the stripes more now, and am sure they will be fine socks when done. Soon...

Finally, a picture showing the truly thunderous colours in this blanket! I'm only on the second eighth of the edging, progressing slowly around.


It'll cover someone's lap nicely. Still looks greenish in this picture, doesn't it? It's fun, but a bit fiddly now, and the edge pattern is full of "k2togtbl" and "yo twice" and I can't just whip it out and carry on without the book. Still, I'm keen to get it finished.


And to end, another outdoor picture of blue, grey and white! No, I haven't been jetting around, but Stephen was in Berkeley and San Francisco a while ago and took this picture of the Golden Gate bridge. Ah....


5 comments:

  1. So many nice pictures and so many finished objects! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on pins and needles to see that finished blanket!

    I too am skeptical about spring, but I will take the sunshine for as long as it is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice bag!
    But OH! Snow and bare feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should be looking at your knitting, but all I'm thinking is, how can you stand barefoot in the snow?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Mary and anonymous,
    I really was only out for a second, and the sun was shining, and I was standing on a mat.... Plus I am Super-Mom and I can do anything!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.