Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday sky, and a wee bit of new yarn


Nice blue bits in the sky, but mainly overcast today. Warm as heck, making everything melt.

See, big puddles, to reflect the sky!

This morning, before the melt got well under way, I went up the hill to Knitomatic, for their big sale.

Oh, my, a lineup outside the shop! Oh, my, a ton of people in the little shop!

They had a lot of novelty stuff, and the story I heard in the lineup was that Haley was thinking of donating the old yarn she had in the basement to the Goodwill, but decided to see what she could sell cheap first. The green wool I got was $1, the orange $3 a ball and the sock yarn $8, which is not at all bad! People were walking out with stuffed shopping bags, so I guess she is doing okay! Of course, you get in there looking for a bargain and can't resist the full-price cashmere....

So, I have used my one chance to buy yarn before Sept 30, and didn't do anything outrageous. I'm keen on this Knitting from Stash stuff, and just got myself a couple of little pretty things.

Day one of March break is almost done, too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so behind in reading your blog - so many posts!

    First thing, Happy Birthday!

    Second, I love the cute pink socks - very sweet.

    And lastly, nice yarn you picked up at the knitomatic sale. The green is my fave - can't believe it was only one dollar.

    I knit up a chunky chunky ballet t-shirt for Lily over the weekend made from Hudsons's Bay company cotton - so vintage! Ha, actually, so Value Village! Can't resist those 2-night projects.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.