Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Knitting from stash

It's time to think of New Year's resolutions, time to promise to do things better next time. So, knitters and stashers tend to think of reducing their stashes, finishing more projects and all that.

I have been meaning to knit up stash, and so I'll make some personal rules for Knit From Your Stash 2007.

1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.

2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:

2.a. If I decide to knit a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift. And not a gift for me!

2.b. I get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- I am allowed to fall off the wagon one time.

3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.

4. I will finish things! All sorts of things, especially things that have been hanging around for months.

5. I will knit hats and scarves for charities during this time, so as not to be caught short when winter comes around again.

And that is my plan. I think nine months will make a substantial reduction in the stash! I hope Romni's winter sale starts before Jan 1, that's all!


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that Mary, sounds too ambitious for me, but am full of admiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, now *that* is throwing down the gauntlet! I know that, from the point of view of my stash, I could do this easily, possibly for several years, but I don't know if I'm strong enough to withstand the temptation! Ooooooh....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.