I have been meaning to knit up stash, and so I'll make some personal rules for Knit From Your Stash 2007.
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.
2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
2.a. If I decide to knit a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift. And not a gift for me!
2.b. I get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- I am allowed to fall off the wagon one time.
3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
4. I will finish things! All sorts of things, especially things that have been hanging around for months.
5. I will knit hats and scarves for charities during this time, so as not to be caught short when winter comes around again.
And that is my plan. I think nine months will make a substantial reduction in the stash! I hope Romni's winter sale starts before Jan 1, that's all!