Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Spring fever

Phew, what a week... Yesterday especially was super busy, starting at 8 am when a truck arrived with enough wood to build a deck and frame our front garden. After much futzing around, the driver decided that he would break either our fence or our tree if he tried to put the wood in the back yard, so he left it in the lane. Hmm, I say, someone will run into this and damage either the wood or their car or even themselves, or perhaps someone will just decide they want some of it. So, I started carrying it in, even though I knew there were 12-foot-long 6x6s on the bottom of the pile. Pretty soon I realised I should call someone... MothMan to the rescue! With those extra muscles, the wood was all brought in in jig time and is now taking up our entire back yard. I'm taking bets on when it will all be in place, either in the front or the deck! (By the way, the deck will be on the top of our house, 2 flights up!)

Meanwhile, Elaine was moaning and feeling crappy, due to an ear infection. So, that entailed a bike ride to the doctor after lunch. And then Arthur has a class in the evening, so that entailed a walk there and back again. I slept quite well last night!

On the weekend I was busy with blankets! One of the kids took this picture, and saved me the trouble of cropping!

We got both sewn together, one has now been bordered and beautified by the queen of such things, and ticket sales should start tonight.

I think they'll look splendido! Last year a knitter's daughter won, so this year I'd say it was my turn!

I think we can stop complaining about the cold and slow spring now. It's supposed to get to 26C today!

Flowers (on the sunny side of the house) are out and leaves are opening on trees all over.


Green for Project Spectrum!

1 comment:

  1. that timber moving sounds like hard work. hope Elaine's feeling tons better now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.