Wednesday, May 30, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Let's see now, what's the state of the WIP pile? Growing, I'm sorry to say!

Yeah, we have the Rockpool green cardi, and we have the socks, which have progressed another couple of inches since that picture was taken. Those give me a tiny bit of green, pink and yellow for Project Spectrum. I also am fiddling with a square of pink cotton garter stitch that might one day be the centre of a baby blanket.

And I have a few more ideas...

I'd love to make these gloves.

Oops, I just cast on a bit... This is a colour picture, by the way! An ancient knitting book, grey yarn and needles. Very elegant, don't you think?

I figure I can get a pair of gloves out of 50g of sock yarn, since they are quite a bit smaller than socks. Right??

And I love a cabled vest.... Which one should I make, the old Vogue Knitting one on the left, or the new Interweave Knits one on the right? Maybe I'll wait a bit before choosing, but what do you think? I was sorely tempted to buy yarn for such a project the other day, but didn't have the pattern and yarn specs. Oh, and I'm not supposed to be buying yarn....

Hmm, since we won one single bed blanket, maybe I should finish another? I've got to lay my squares all out again and have a look at what I really have. I'll save that for another day, since I have to find the squares first!

Not so much "works in progress" as "ideas outta control"!

1 comment:

  1. I love the one of uncle steve and the school blankie & socks!
    ..and nice fleur photos Arthur!
    I would like to order a lite cable vest in postie colors plez..>nm

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.