Thursday, May 17, 2007

Now *this* could be bloggable

Here are the socks.

And here is the terrible tale explaining why these socks are no bigger today than they were yesterday.

Last evening I had to sit in an office for an hour while Arthur had a lesson. Elaine came with us, and she spent the time hogging reading the only decent thing in the place, a Calvin and Hobbes treasury. But, ah, I had my knitting, didn't I?

I had my finished sock, and my unfinished sock, and the yarn attached to the sock, and the three needles holding the stitches of the sock.... and no fourth needle. Curses! No knitting and no Calvin and Hobbes. So, I thought I would wile away a few minutes rewinding my half-used ball of sock yarn into a new, nice, neat ball.... This took 45 minutes. I realised I was in trouble after about 10. I knew I was a bad blogger because I didn't have my camera and couldn't even photograph the tangle of yarn all over the floor, the other parent looking at me funny from across the room... Sigh.

Once I heard someone talk about the number of "I'm stupid, but, look, I can knit" books that have come out recently, and I think I have just added a wee bit to the literature....

The other day's moaning about the boring old blogosphere got me several funny comments. Okay, Lisa, you're off the hook, since writing a PhD dissertation takes precedence over blogging. Alison, your present industriousness is an inspiration to us all, and Liz, sorry, no way Jose am I following all those instructions! Tag seven people!? That's even more work than the "italic this and bold that" meme that's going around! Thanks for trying, but I think what will get me more keen on blogging is... something thrilling happening. Can't buy yarn, must finish socks, want to finish old cardigan, want to start something new and thrilling... I had to take all the yarn out of the freezer the other day -- maybe I should sort through looking for bug corpses... or take up sewing. Adriana, I can, if pushed, sew a straight line, but haven't done so in a long time. Now I wouldn't mind whipping up a few little things for Elaine, so we'll see if that happens this summer.

Onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, maybe you're on to something there with "I can't buy any yarn"; d'you maybe think the 2007 Knit From Your Stash drive has impacted blogs world-wide?? We just dont' have as many "OOOOhhhh, LOOOK" moments to report? As for my industriousness; the sad truth is, I finished all that stuff about a month ago and haven't got round to blogging it till now! This month, I'm spindle spinning, sewing medieval clothes and weaving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely socks. I love stripes and those are just my colors. I found my way here via Alison's blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.