Tuesday, July 28, 2020

A bit of park knitting

I went to the park with a friend today and we sat in the shade and knitted. I didn't take my big square, the backing for my Kaffe squares -- which is coming along just nicely and almost done -- because I am changing colours every eight rows and that's just too much to keep track of in the park, so I started a dishrag.





We knit for an hour or so, then I came home and finished it off!

The perfect dishrag is not a pretty yellow, because you know it will all just end up coffee-coloured in the end, but my supplies are running low! The yarn used for the "mortar" here is about a gazillion years old and I have been doing my best to use it up forever. Icky beige with splotches. Luckily, it too will fade in time!

I hope to have a finished cushion cover soon, but here is a teaser of the back:


I am using all the colours for the back, but not repeating the stripe sequence. I had to take this picture so I would know what colour to use next! Almost done...  And you notice a jigsaw puzzle started in the background -- 1000 pieces, tomatoes... Pretty terrible, but doable. I'll report in on that later, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.