Thursday, July 30, 2020

All grown up

I once showed you the Eastern Black Swallowtail caterpillars from our garden. We had a number of them over a week or two, eating the dill on my back deck. 


Then, they all disappeared. We looked, but couldn't find a chrysalis anywhere. Obviously they don't want to be found, but we worried they'd all become bird snacks.


Yesterday, something flitted by, and I managed to get a picture of this Eastern Black Swallowtail butterfly! 


Our baby is all grown up!


(Blogger, like so many other things, has a "new look," Instead of words, they have little icons which are not so easy to interpret, and a new way of sizing photos. I think all is well, and I hope things don't look too weird once I press the little paper-airplane icon to upload this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.