Thursday, July 09, 2020

Three things

Thing number one: I did go up the hill and spend my gift certificate at the yarn store.


The green I bought in Vancouver; the new yarn is the mix of petrol blue and browny greenish. It is lovely, and now I have to finish the lumpy green scarf so I can get to work on a light lacy cardigan. There is enough of the multicolour to make a big lace shawl, but I'm trying to be a bit practical.

Thing number two: I got a haircut.


This should last me! After all, my Christmas haircut had to last until July.

I saw my hairdresser last week when she was sitting outside her shop having a break, so immediately booked an appointment. She had just opened, I think. She has only one customer at a time, masks worn, no blow-drying, disposable capes: all very careful. I won't be rushing back in a month, I think, but it's nice to know I can.

Number three: Here is the little park I mentioned before.


This is where my Scrabble lady friend and I met last week. The third friend is staying home after going to a cottage with someone whose colleague then tested positive for COVID-19. No word on that yet!

School in the top left, brown grass throughout. The little maze is cute, and kids scream down the path on scooters into it, while nervous old ladies like me avert our eyes. There will be nice shade trees in a few years, but now one has to be lucky to get the bench in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.