Sunday, July 19, 2020

I finally finished something

The scarf!

I am not sure when I started this, but it seemed like it took forever! Now, of course, it is 30ºC and not at all comfortable wool scarf weather.


I started just making a scarf, garter stitch, about 6 inches wide. Of course, that got too boring. The yarn makes a bumpy texture, so for contrast with the bumps, I made some holes, just here and there.


Even that got a bit boring, and it seemed the yarn would never run out, so I made one end of the scarf wider. It keeps your chest warm under your coat, and somehow it seemed like less knitting! (Knitting is my hobby, but finishing is always more thrilling than just keeping on knitting.)


A lovely, drippy, picot edge. This pond-scum green is my favourite colour, and with bumps and holes and odd shaping, a drippy edge seemed perfect.


It's long enough to do the double-loopy-wrap thing.


I could have squeezed one more row out of they yarn, but pretty efficient, I say!


I did convince myself not to cast on something totally new! I got out my Kaffe Fassett squares and set to work on a half-finished one. Who knows when I last worked on it, but I could not sort out where I was in the chart, so...


Old Kaffe has mellowed somewhat with time and his new patterns don't need quite the fiddliness of some of the old ones. I have cast on for a simple striped square, and will show you my progress next time! I don't even have a picture of all the squares, it seems, and that will have to wait for daylight. So, something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.