Monday, February 13, 2006

Getting back up

Oh, I had a bit of a problem, but I think I'm back on track. I have switched to making a vest in a ribby lace pattern for a young lady of my acquaintance, who doesn't know yet that she really needs a nice woolly vest. It looks rather (ok, very) bulky, but on a wee nymphette it will look cool, I'm sure.

The challenges of my new choice are: I have to count 123;12;123;12... Don't laugh till you've tried it... And every 6th row I have to do yarnovers between purls and knits. And, I have to make something that will fit someone I haven't seen since 2001 and who lives thousands of miles from here. I'm not sure how sticky the Team Canada rules are about finishing what you said you would make, but I told the Harlot that I was making a lacy vest, and so I am, although the details are changed. I'll get that gold medal, I must! (I'm not sure that's what Eddie the Eagle would have said, but it's what I'm saying today.)

Now, if you check here, you can see that in the sporty Olympics, Canada is doing quite well. We have a gold and a bronze. Yay sporty Olympians!

I hope to keep up with both the sporty stuff and the knitting stuff over the next week, while I am away in Paris! But I'm not sure what the computer situation will be. If you don't hear from me, don't worry! I'll be knitting, and taking pictures of the knitting and the Eiffel Tower, the knitting and the Louvre, and maybe even the knitting at a yarn shop or two...

We're going on the train under the Channel, so that's a new and exciting adventure. A bit creepy, if you ask me, but I'm sure we'll manage, if there's no enormous earthquake.... which I'm sure there won't be.... Right?

Well, see you later, off we gooooooooo!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good.

    Have fun in Pareeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the picking yourself up, dusting the snow off and starting again!

    If you get one shop in, and haven't already gone, try La Droguerie, 6 rue du Jour, which is just behind St Eustache church at Les Halles; fantastic buttons and some really good yarns.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.