Thursday, January 04, 2007

A new favourite store, and Hooray, new Project Spectrum

Today Elaine and I went to the mall. It was so exciting, she was dancing around. We went to get our ears pierced! Shriek! Apparently all the girls go to Claire's Accessories, so we did that too, and the woman in the store was very sweet and all went very well. Elaine did not make a murmur as the little earring gun did its work on her ear. She got a lollypop, which just goes to show that this is the place for the almost-seven-year-old to go! I, too, was stoic and silent, but I didn't get a lollypop. Harumph!

I did get my ears pierced long long ago, in something like 1974. And I had these earrings -- from a hippy shop in Gastown, I remember buying them.


And then I had my pseudo punk phase, when I got a couple of extra holes in my ears and wore this little axe through the ear, and odd zipper pulls...


But then I had kids, and earrings were too much trouble, and did tend to get pulled on once in a while, so I just haven't worn any for years. I learned that my second hole in my left ear is still open, so I can have 3 earrings at once! First, we have to be patient and wash our lobes 3 times a day for 6 weeks.


And I have to sort through the rest of this box! I made myself a lot of earrings with beads at one point! That is a bucket of fun, and I see a trip to the bead store in my future... But also, another trip to Claire's for a different kind of fun. Love that wall of colour stuff!

Added later:
Hey, this is great! I just read Lolly's latest, and Project Spectrum 2.0 is a go, starting Feb 1. It goes like this:

February / March
Blue, White, Gray

April / May
Green, Yellow, Pink

June / July
Red, Black, Metallics

August / September
Brown, Orange, Purple

I'll be there! Blue, white and grey first up... shouldn't be too hard!



3 comments:

  1. those hippie earrings are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember staying with friends in Toronto one weekend in 1975(I think), when the resident teenagers all went out and came back with pierced ears. Being older, I wasn't included in the outing, and wished that I had been.
    So, on my way back to St. Catharines on the Monday I went to get my ears pierced. I can't remember how many stores I went to, and was told that they only pierced ears on Fridays and Saturdays. Eventually I found one, and have never regretted it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what brave girls you both are! My ex-husband hated pierced ears, so I got mine pierced within a week of leaving him!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.