Monday, January 30, 2017

A new hat for someone

A week ago my neighbour and I walked up the hill to Knitomatic for a yarn swap. It's good for us to puff our way up the hill, and I had to donate some old magazines to the swap, and who knows what one might find?


I picked up some dishcloth cotton and a couple of small balls of laceweight yarn. No idea what I'll do with those, but they go in the lace bag and some Stephen West shawl will surely incorporate them in the future.


I also just had to have this single ball of Mille Colori, a wool/acrylic blend in my favourite colours. I grabbed it on the way out to an appointment, but knit most of it at a meeting yesterday about some upcoming fun and games I will tell you about soon! Mostly I just knit around and around, because I got tired of those purl rows pretty quickly.


A great hat in great colours, but I have enough hats for now and so it will go back to Knitomatic to be collected by Streetknit for charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.