Saturday, February 24, 2018

Ravellenic Games

I finished my Namorita shawl Friday night, scoring myself a gold medal in Shawl Skating in the Ravellenic Games, which I still think of as the Knitting Olympics.


This pattern was given to me by someone in a charity knitting group on Ravelry, on the understanding that the finished product would go to charity. Since I need such a thing like the old hole in the head, I am happy to do that.


As you can see, I ran out of my main yarn! The pattern says it needs 272 meters of laceweight yarn; I used thicker fingering and used more than 366 meters! Luckily, yarn is something we have around here, so I managed.


It's hardly what I would call a shawl, more of a shaped scarf. The depth is not much more than a foot at the widest point. The yarn, Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles, is soft and warm and super nice. Also cost a wee fortune, but what the heck.


I've always been intrigued by this colourway, Typewriter. I think a plain garment in it would look great, with little, black, word-like splodges here and there.

There are still the Parallenic Games in March, so I must find a project for then! And soon, more muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.