Sunday, April 21, 2024

First stumble

Okay, I missed a day in my self-imposed every-day-blogging exercise. My bad. It's because we had an actual social engagement last night, I suppose.


This is the wall of the Sylvia Hotel, and old building near us. It's covered in ivy, which is nice and red in the fall and a little bit imposing in the summer, but look at these spring colours as the leaves are coming out now. 


I have to walk by it again today, as I escape from my corner of the city, around a fun run. My main street will be clogged with runners and to get where I am going, I will be forced to walk along the beach. (Which I often do, because it is both convenient and wonderful!)

When we were in England in May 2023 (which I don't think I blogged about!) we saw hundreds of grey stone walls with bright, fresh, green lichen, and I wanted yarn in those colours. I could visualize the cardigan I would make. I never found the yarn but now I am reminded, I will continue the search. Perhaps a bit of an orange in there as well. 

Tomorrow I may have actual knitting content. Not grey and green, but pretty nice. 


1 comment:

  1. Lovely ivy. I hope you find the wool you want.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.