Monday, April 22, 2024

Going out for coffee, and actual knitting content

This is the view this morning from our fave coffee shop. 

Going out for coffee is not something that we did in our pre-retirement days. Even drinking coffee was not an everyday occurrence. 

We settled on our favourite local coffee shop pretty soon after arriving here, though, and probably go there a couple of times a week. I've tried a number of things, and really just prefer a medium roast drip coffee. So, very boring, I suppose. 

Yesterday I had no time for coffee, as I had to go volunteer at the VIFF centre, my new year-round volunteer gig. The great thing, blog-wise, is that I picked up my knitting bag that I had foolishly left there the previous time I was there, so can show you my latest work: 

It will be a long tube of silky, woolly, drapey loveliness, to keep my neck warm in the winter. Probably too warm, since the silk and wool together can be pretty toasty. 

I got this yarn last year at Fibres West and tried a couple of things with it... and then ignored it for some months! The bottom pattern is quite fancy and required too much attention, so the second pattern is very simple -- I took it to Spain and needed mindless knitting. Since then I have decided I can pay more attention to it, so the last pattern will look quite snazzy, although it's not as complicated as it looks. 

I'll be happy when this is done, even though I can't wear it till maybe November!



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous knitting! So glad it was where you left it. Coffee in the sunshine looks lovely...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.