Wednesday, April 24, 2024

I finished something

Once upon a time I bought this yarn. I started to make gloves out of it, but soon realized that was foolish, since this stuff needs to drape and flow and show off its silkiness. 

I was reading the vintage knitting group on Ravelry at the time, and found a vintage blanket pattern that I tried to rework into a cowl. The vintage instructions were just written out, no graphs... and that was okay, but apparently I didn't make any notes or even make a mark to tell me what rows I'd knitted. So when I put it down for a few weeks or months, I had no idea where to start. Also, I had to count and pay attention and all that! 

When we went to Spain I needed something small, easy, fun, unthreatening! I just did a couple of rows of garter stitch and picked a simple eyelet pattern and carried on. 


We came back and I did another couple of rows of garter stitch and got a bit more adventurous, and when it was clear that the end was in sight and this would actually become a wearable thing, I got swirly and eye-catching. 


Now I just have to learn to take a decent picture of myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.