What have I done?! I have foolishly said that I would join the knitting Olympics. This seems to mean that I will knit a challenging-yet-not-impossible garment between the opening and closing ceremonies of the upcoming Olympic games. Fun, yes, I think so... Challenging, for sure! (It was pretty darn challenging getting that button in my sidebar!) But I forgot, in that one moment of excitement, that I am going to Paris for a week in there, and while that will give me some train time, it will also not allow me much sittin' on the couch and knittin' time. So, I am a bit hesitant. Maybe I should rethink, but the folks at home are cheering me on, and even if I trip over a hurdle or something, I guess I should give it my best shot. I also have other events in the calendar as well -- got to get the Weasleys done for the kids' birthdays in February and March!
And, I seem to have been tagged for a meme! So here we go. All of these are "in no particular order"!
Four Jobs You Have Had In Your Life:
1. I weighed salad at the student cafeteria at
2. I taught Latin to theology students
3. I proofread just about anything
4. Tons of library jobs: shelving books, signing out
books, finding lost books...
Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
1. The Big Sleep
2. Sense and Sensibility
3. Kenneth Branagh's Henry V
4. Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet
Four Places You Have Lived:
1. Vancouver, Canada
2. Ebrington, Gloucestershire, UK
3. Santa Barbara, USA
4. Cambridge, UK
Four TV Shows You Love To Watch:
I haven't had a TV for years. I stopped watching TV
before Cheers was a big hit. I'll follow the Olympics online.
Four Places You Have Been On Vacation:
1. Point No Point, Vancouver Island, BC
2. Tobermory, Ontario
3. Tobermory, Scotland
4. Santorini, Greece (I used to link to a picture here, but I've de-linked it)
4 Websites You Visit Daily:
Four Of Your Favorite Foods:
1. jaffa cakes
2. pot roast with potatoes
3. a perfect peach
Four Places You Would Rather Be Right Now:
1. somewhere nice and warm and beachy
2. somewhere nice and cold and snowy with a hot tub
3. in a restaurant eating a nice dinner
4. in Romni Wools, looking at the Noro
Four Bloggers You Are Tagging:
Ok, I've thought of four... All local! And please ignore this if you hate the idea!
La Donna, coz we haven't heard from her in ages, Otter, Pig Wot Flies, and Liz.
Oh, and anyone who feels like doing it.