Saturday, November 18, 2017

Boots for a gloomy day

I was going to show you a Saturday sky, but it is that flat white winter gloom today, and who wants to look at that?


The other day when I was at the museum I walked along the "mink mile" of Bloor Street and saw these boots in the Gucci window. Is that leopard-spotted snakeskin? I guess snakes have patterns like that, too. Most likely, I suppose, is that they are not snakeskin at all, but cleverly dyed and textured leather. Probably not even real diamonds for the trim, either!

Today my wanderings took me to the home of a nice woman who was getting rid of some yarn! I plan to do some charity knitting in 2018 and was happy to take it off her hands. Pictures tomorrow, if the sun ever comes out!

1 comment:

  1. The big snakes like boa constrictors do have patterns like that on their skin, and snakeskin boots are expensive. Personally, I can't think of anything I'd like to wear less! Plus, my legs ache thinking of wearing those high heels. Not my thing, as you know.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.