Wednesday, November 22, 2017

WIP Wednesday

Wednesday, home of the works-in-progress.

One thing is taking all my time these days, no fooling around with stray bits of knitting: I am making a sock and that is that.



You may remember I made another sock out of this same yarn. More stitches, cable pattern on the leg, wild pooling around the heel.

First sock, huge orange blob on heel
I made a collage...


Top pictures, the crazy first sock; bottom, the more well-behaved second sock. I'm sure they'll never actually get worn both at the same time, so it hardly matters, but ...  interesting. This is October's vintage accessory, so I'm keen to get it done!

Of course there are other WIPs in the pipeline, and I am happy to tell you that I can use one of them for my December vintage accessory. Apparently the Alice Starmore fancy-schmancy mittens I started making almost a year and a half ago qualify in this challenge, which is to knit things published between the 1880s and the 1980s. Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting was published in 1988, so, yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.