Friday, November 07, 2008

Back to the denim sweater

I now have two sleeves done of my denim sweater, each a different blue, but with the same stitch pattern.


I started off thinking about this sweater along the lines of Narvik (Ravelry) but that really wasn't doing it for me for a variety of reasons. So I flipped through a few old magazines and came up with this from VK Fall 1994.


The charts take up eight pages, along with the two pages of written instruction. I'd like to see that in Vogue Knitting these days!

Of course, it's the wrong gauge, I've already knit the sleeves differently, the size large in 1994 was something like 54 inches... But, I shall use bits of the charts, that's the main thing! I'll likely stick my leafy panel in somewhere, as well.

I think I will make the colour changes in vertical stripes, but I am now trying to arrange my finite selection of yarn to optimally use the colours.
I wish I knew for a fact that I had enough yarn to make it as long as I want... I know there are a few small balls of the very dark blue left in the sale pile, but I took all there was of the two lighter blues.

I will wash the sleeves and see what sort of shrinkage I get, and then just jump in, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.