Monday, November 03, 2008

Starting sleeve two

I'm simply jumping in with this denim sweater and doing it as it occurs to my brain.

And so, I'm now making the second sleeve. I had the idea to use another panel pattern, but thought that just using another colour would be odd enough. And there's gauge issues -- one would like one's sleeves about the same width.

Still pondering the body. I originally meant to knit the whole thing wrist to wrist, because then one gets vertical stripes by just changing colours horizontally, and there would be less shaping and figuring and seaming. But most of the textural patterns I want to use look better up and down so I am stymied.

Who knows what will happen after this sleeve is done?

How much yarn do I really need? Can I make the body long enough?

What about the mysterious shrinking of the denim -- Rowan denim shrinks quite a bit, but this stuff says 5% shrinkage.

Tune in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.