Sunday, November 02, 2008

Two small whines and a big one

Has anyone noticed that the Friends' Blogs feature on Ravelry hasn't picked up anything new in a day or so? I'm reduced to finding new posts on my own!

I do wish that NaBloPoMo didn't start on a weekend. I really have other things to do, but more important, perhaps, there are three other people in the house wanting the computer.

So, I will quickly show you a picture of my denim sweater, my big project. Except that I haven't knit a stitch on it in months.

I made the sleeve, very fine. Then, I had ideas and notions that I can't quite retrace, and I started in the middle of the front. I have spent sleepless nights trying to figure out how to slip around the sleeve -- it would involve huge bits of grafting, or 3-needle bind-offs or something more terrible. One of my guiding principles here was supposed to be seam avoidance!

Also, as you can plainly see, this front is way too short!

I was thinking this project might call for a swatch or two, since I plan to mix my textural patterns all up. Maybe that should be my knitting-while-watching-swimming-lessons chore for the day. And then a bit of frogging?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.